This is a list of locations in Monolith's Game of the Year "The Operative: No One Lives Forever".
The list is divided into primary and secondary locations, the first of which denote countries, cities and places that the game's protagonist Cate Archer actually travels to, while the latter consists of places that feature in cutscenes or are mentioned in briefings, conversations or intelligence items. All locations are listed by country.
Assigned Mission locations
- Residence of Cate Archer (her bathroom)
- "Maximillian's" (a restaurant)
- UNITY Headquarters (including the war room and various training facilities)
- Offices of Dumas Industrial Enterprises, Bumberton
- Industrial Area, property of Dumas Industrial Enterprises
- Dumas Towers, Construction Site & Administrative Building
- Apartment Building facing Hotel "Le Chameau Heureux"
- Hotel "Grand Caravan"
- Streets near the Tenseft River
- UNITY Safe House
The West Coast:
- Outskirts of a coastal city (possibly Casablanca)
- Smuggler's Den
- Suburbs of East Berlin
- STASI Records and Research Facility
- Nightclub "Das Einsame Valkyrie"
- Canal entering the River Elbe
- UNITY Safe House
- Harbor Compound
- H.A.R.M. Cargo Freighter, the "Lorelei"
- Hotel "Frankfurt Inn"
Bavaria (State in the South):
- Kleinstadt (a fictional town)
- German Alps
- Chateau Dumas
- Baroness Dumas' Lair (underneath the chateau)
- Aboard a train in the Northwestern United States (heading towards Washington State)
- Dumas Lumber Company (Washington State)
- H.A.R.M. Underground Facility (a few miles away from Dumas Lumber Co.)
Not Classified as Countries
- Tropical Island off the coast of Mandaru (a fictional island)
- Volcanic Island. A popular tourist attraction at the end of the Game of the Year (GOTY) version of the game. ("Rest and Relaxation")
The North Sea:
German Air Space:
- Falling off a plane over West Germany, heading for London