"In H.A.R.M.'s Way" is a phrase that's used several times in the No One Lives Forever series. It is a play on the English phrase "harm's way", which, according to Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, means "a dangerous place or situation". However, the evil enemy organization is called H.A.R.M., and, as such, the phrase used in the NOLF series means Cate being in the way of H.A.R.M., that is "in a position to hinder or obstruct" H.A.R.M..
Use in the NOLF seriesEdit
- The subtitle of No One Lives Forever 2 (NOLF2) is A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way.
- The song "The Operative" from In the Lounge contains the lyrics "But you're captured by / The spy in H.A.R.M.'s way".
- In the second NOLF2 trailer, narrated by Cate, she says: "Admittedly, the work can be a little bit hazardous. Particularly when you're in H.A.R.M.'s way".
- In one of the missions in The Operative: No One Lives Forever , a sign appears, saying "You are now in H.A.R.M.'s way".
- The fourth mission in No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way is titled A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way.