A Tenuous Lead
Briefing[edit | edit source]
You are proving to be an inadequate operative, Agent Archer, you have yet to carry off a successful mission.
Well, perhaps all is not lost, at least you placed a beacon in the radio room , which will allow you to locate the sunken freighter. It would probably be worthwhile for you to practice diving in a controlled environment before attempting this mission.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Three well-dressed men are shown smoking heavily in an elaborate room, commenting on the high quality of their cigars, in that the one from Cuba could not be easily told apart from another cigar they had. They are joined by Commissioner Maurice Albert, who believes he can distinguish between the two effortlessly before burping extremely loudly. The others notice that he is in poor health, and he goes on to talk about how a bald, eye-patched man poked him in the leg with an umbrella. They consider him to be rude, until they learn that he bid Maurice goodbye, along with giving him a lily.
The club suddenly explodes into flames as Dmitrij Volkov watches silently from the other side of the road.
Back in West Germany, Archer practices some scuba-diving in preparation for her next mission, as well as using the belt buckle.
References[edit | edit source]
Beacon • Belt Buckle • Carlisle • Cate Archer • Cheese • Cigar • Club Metropole • Cognac • Cuba • Dmitrij Volkov • Fox • Freighter • Gordon • Havana • Lily • Maurice Albert • Monaco • Monte Carlo • Morris Model 14 Speargun • Radio • Santa • SCUBA Diving • Umbrella • Zebra
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the first and only training level that does not feature any briefing or contact with command.
- Volkov makes his first appearance after being absent for seven levels. Nevertheless, he does not have any dialogue and is only on screen for a few seconds.
- It is unclear why Volkov said "Goodbye" in French instead of using his native Russian. It could be due to the fact that French is the official language of Monaco, and that the Commissioner is probably a French speaker
- Being set at 5pm on September 19th, the incident at Club Metropole appears to take place an entire day after Cate's mission on the cargo freighter
- This is the first instance that Dr Schenker's bio-weapon has been used on civilians.
- The commissioner and his companions are the first recorded victims of H.A.R.M.'s "Project Lambda".
- This is the only level in which Archer has no dialogue.
- Unlike the other training facilities, the windows of the scuba-training room are made of opaque glass and Santa cannot be seen,
|The Operative: No One Lives Forever missions|
|Previous Mission: A Tenuous Lead - Next Mission: The Dive|