Cate Archer Must Die
"Goodbye, Spy" is the second mission for No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way There are two scenes that can be found in this chapter.
Briefing[edit | edit source]
The meeting is scheduled to take place at the estate of an enigmatic figure known only as The Director. Cate will have to infiltrate the estate grounds, locate the main house and find the window Hatori-san indicated on the map. This vantage should allow her to take the photographs she needs without exposing herself to unnecessary risk.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Scene 1: The spy is here![edit | edit source]
Hatori-san warns Archer that the area of town they are in is more heavily patrolled. He advises Archer to find the back gate to the estate. Archer finds one of several ways to get into the Fujioka estate and finds the section indicated on Hatori-san's map. Archer makes it to the main house and takes a photo with her Lipstick Spy Camera. Isako spots her at this time and informs The Director. The alarm sounds and ninjas swarm Archer as she fights her way out of Inotakimura.
Scene 2: The Death of Cate Archer[edit | edit source]
Archer makes it back to the bridge, just in time to see Isako kill Yamata-san. She attempts to question Isako about who hired her, but is only slashed in return. Isako disappears using a smoke bomb and leaves a seriously wounded Archer to die. The opening credits roll.
- This scene is a cutscene.
Memorable quotes[edit | edit source]
"What time is it?"
"I don't know. Why?"
"I'm supposed to relieve Masayo-san at 8:00. You don't have a watch?"
"I don't need one. Ninjas can tell time by the slit of a cat's eye."
"That only works during daylight. Besides, what happens when you don't have a cat handy?"
"That's why I always carry dried fish."
"Isn't easier just to wear a watch? Never mind. I'll go ask somebody else."
- -Katakuri Ninjas
References[edit | edit source]
Ammo box • Angry Kitty • Bandaids • Body Armor • Cat • Cate Archer • Coin • CT-180 Utility Launcher • England • First Aid Kit • Fish • Fizzi Soda • Fujioka estate • Haruko Muroi • Hideko Sato • Inotakimura • Isamu Hatori • Isako • Japan • Katakuri Ninja Clan • Katana • Kenichi • Keychain Light • Kyoto • Lipstick Spy Camera • Mailbox • Mark VII Mechanized Mynah Bird • Masayo • Mascara Stun Gun • Mochi • Mother • Mr. Jones • My Ungrateful Son • Ninja • Sake • Sakuragaoka Ninja Clan • Santa • Scope • Shuriken • Silenced Gordon 9mm Submachinegun • Sleeping Gas Grenade • Smoke Bomb • Spy Training Manual • Stun Grenade • The Director • Tokyo • Umbrella • UNITY Headquarters • UNITY Intercept Team • Vindicator Sportsman's Crossbow • Watch • Yamata
- List of Random items that can be found in this mission.
References from Opening Credits[edit | edit source]
Andre Sogliuzzo • David Scully • Deena Burke • Fox Interactive • Gary Schwartz • Jeff Steitzer • Jen Taylor • Jock Blaney • John Armstrong • John Patrick Lowrie • Ken Boynton • Monolith Productions • Sierra Entertainment • Terrance Sloggins (actor) • Todd Licea
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On slower computers, the map Archer receives from Hatori-san at the end of the last mission will not appear until the start of this mission.
- The CT-180 Utility Launcher, which was referenced several times in the original NOLF, finally makes an appearance here.
- A conversation between two ninjas the player can overhear will change depending on how stealthy they were on the previous mission.
- After taking the photograph, the player can find a note from the Director threatening to read bad poetry written by his mother to the ninja clan if Archer escapes. This is similar to the motivational concert that Inge Wagner was going to perform for the crew of the Lorelei in the previous game.
- The opening credits for the game do not play until after the second chapter has been played.
- The rescue of the injured Agent Archer happens in Cooperative Mission 1: The Rescue.
|No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way missions|
|Previous Mission: Cate Archer Must Die - Next Mission: Project: Omega|