- "Ah, yes, my husband. He's a child in the body of a man. A rather large man." -Baroness Dumas, The Indomitable Cate Archer, Scene 2
Baron Archibald Dumas is married to Baroness Dumas and inherited a huge company from his late father around 1957. He is a great fan of hunting and has a huge ego. He thinks he is talented in every way possible and he considers himself to be very smart. During the interview in A Man of Influence, Cate Archer finds out none of this is true though.
According to the papers that Archer had read, Baron Dumas was a reclusive chap who spends much of his time hunting big game in Africa and Southeast Asia. He inherited the company from his father about ten years ago.
When he is not hunting, Baron Dumas has a well defined schedule. Mondays are reserved for golf. Tuesdays and Thursdays are reserved for skeet shooting. Wednesdays for fishing and Friday afternoons for backgammon. Friday mornings between 11:00 and 11:15 are reserved for business matters.
The Baron is a fat, old man with a grey mustache and a monocle. He is only visible in the game on two occasions. The first time he wears a hunting outfit, the second time he has a Navy Uniform, indicating he may have served in the navy during World War II or that he simply bought the uniform like he did with his hunting collection. The uniform he wears is one of a high-ranking officer.
The following is a list of animals hunted (or claimed to have hunted) by Baron Dumas.
- Albino Fruit Bat
- Albino Howler Monkey
- Fiddler Crab
- Giant Pandas
- Silverback Gorilla
- Jeff Steitzer voiced Baron Dumas in the first game, but he also provided the voiced for Doctor Otto Schenker at both games also the H.A.R.M. Bots and the H.A.R.M. Super Computer in the second NOLF game.
- Baron shares the surname with famous writer Alexandre Dumas who wrote master piece classics like Three Musketeers, Man in the Iron Mask, Count of Monte Cristo and many more.
- No one appear to call him with his first name of Archibald but Baron Dumas. It's up to question if this from lack of respect for his boasting antics or formality demanded by him. Despite being pronounced doo-mahr, his surname appear to be a not so subtle description of him upon a cruel pun work; a dumbass.
- Baron was the first name in the infected list when Archer found it. This can be theorized as he didn't get infected by the meal he just ate on his last scene but he may have infected with a long fused toxin just like Archer. There was little to no hope to save him.